Medical Assistant Admission
What are the prerequisites?
Click here (PDF) to get a list of all the general requirements and prerequisites. Attend an Allied Health Information Session online to learn more.
How are transfer credits evaluated?
If you have transfer credits, it is recommended that you have your credits evaluated by requesting an official Credit Evaluation (PDF). You can also use the Equivalency Chart as a guide.
When are applications accepted?
The program starts every fall quarter and takes 1 year to complete. Applications are accepted in June every year.
For the 2022 program, applications will be accepted June 1 - August 5.
What are the application requirements?
You must be 18 by the start of the clinicals to apply (clinicals start the fourth quarter of the program). You must also complete all general requirements and prerequisites (PDF) before applying. Once those requirements are met, complete all the steps below. The application is linked at the bottom of this page.
- If needed, apply to Wenatchee Valley College (WVC).
- Select fall quarter as your beginning quarter
- If you are taking spring quarter classes at WVC, do not reapply.
- If you are a former WVC student that did not take classes in the spring, update your information with Admissions and Registration.
- Send in transcripts.
- Send up-to-date, official college transcripts from other colleges where you have earned credit, you do not need to send us transcripts from WVC.
- Send official high school transcript or GED transcript.
- If you have questions about submitting official transcripts to WVC, please contact
Admissions and Registration.
- Phone: 509-682-6806
- Email: email@example.com
- If you have entire college transcripts that are over 10 years old, contact the Allied Health & Nursing Navigator to determine whether the old transcripts need to be submitted (509-682-6830).
- You will need your Student ID number. If you do not know your number, you can look it up here.
- You will need to provide copies of your Current Basic First Aid card and Current Healthcare Provider CPR card with your application.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How are applications evaluated?
Selection of students for the program is based on grades. Students with the highest cumulative college GPA are admitted.
What do I need to complete if I am accepted?
All applicants will be notified about a month after applying. If you are accepted to the MA program, you must complete all the requirements detailed on this page (PDF) as well as all items listed in the acceptance packet. You should also be prepared to pay a $50, non-refundable, acceptance fee.
What else should I know before applying?
- Acceptance to WVC does not guarantee acceptance to the MA program.
- If you leave the MA program for any reason, contact the Director of the MA program to discuss your re-entry options at (509) 682-6667.
- On-the-job physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds, carry 20 pounds, sit for 4 hours, and stand for 8-12 hours.
- Conviction of certain crimes may prevent completion of the clinical requirements of
the program and may prevent future licensure and employment in health care. A criminal
record check is required prior to any clinical training experience or clinical field
trips. If you have a criminal record, meet with the Dean of Allied Health ((509)
682-6660) to determine if your criminal history would prevent access to a health care facility.
- To determine if the criminal record would prevent eligibility to take the national exam, visit the AAMA website and download information from the "ethics" section.
Use the link below to access the application. The application can be completed on a smart phone, but it is recommended that you use a laptop or desktop computer.