The Pre-Placement Questionnaire will help you determine if you need to take the placement test or if you might have other documentation that would place you in math and English classes. The Pre-Placement Questionnaire is not a test and takes less than a minute to complete. If you are a high school student who is interested in the Running Start program, do not take the Pre-Placement Questionnaire; instead contact the Running Start Office directly at (509) 682-6855 or (509) 682-6591 for program eligibility requirements.
If the results of the Pre-Placement Questionnaire state that you do need to take the placement test, use the links below to study. Once you are ready, contact the Wenatchee or Omak Testing Center to schedule your test (contact info below).
To learn more about the test and to access study material, visit Accuplacer's website.
- The placement test is not timed but usually takes students about 2 hours to complete.
- The placement test costs $24. Once you have completed the test, no refund can be issued.
- Valid photo ID is required to test. Please bring your receipt and ID to the test session.
- Calculators, pencils, and scratch paper are provided.
- Scores are valid for 3 years. Students must wait 3 months before retesting.
- If you have a learning or physical disability, contact the Student Access Coordinator before you schedule your test (in Wenatchee call Carla Boyd at (509) 682-6854 or in Omak call Vicki Turner at (509) 422-7812.
- If you need an official copy of your test scores, please fill out a Placement Records Request form (PDF) and email, fax, mail, or bring it into the Testing Center.
- You can also access your scores by visiting the ACCUPLACER Student Portal.
- The Wenatchee Testing Center is located on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall. Call or stop by to schedule a test (509) 682-6830.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to your test. If you park in the Visitors Parking Lot, request a free parking day-pass at the Testing Center.
- Pay the test fee at the Cashiers Office in Wenatchi Hall prior to taking your test.
- Wenatchee testing is typically held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 2:00pm and Thursdays at 9:00am. However, this schedule is subject to change.
Fax: (509) 682-6841
Wenatchee Valley College
ATTN: Testing Center
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
- Call (509) 422-7803 for more information or to schedule an appointment to take the placement test.
- Omak tests are typically held Monday through Thursday at 8:30am or 1:30pm.
- Testing takes place in the Administration Building at 116 West Apple Avenue in Omak.
- If you are a high school student who is interested in the Running Start program at the Omak campus, do not take the Pre-Placement Questionnaire; instead contact the Running Start Educational Planner in Omak for program eligibility requirements at (509) 422-7848.
EdReady is one of the options for placement into math courses at WVC.
If you have received placement at another Washington Community or Technical College, you may be able to use that placement at WVC. To do so, submit your placement documentation along with the Placement Reciprocity Request form (PDF) to the Educational Planning and Testing Center on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Testing Center for other testing services.