ctcLink Training Resources
The best thing you, as an employee, can do to help ensure our correct use of ctcLink is to complete online training, which is available now. Courses are arranged by employee category. Review the linked sections below for the best match to your job responsibilities, and follow the link. Information on how to enroll is provided.
- Courses are self-paced. Longer courses allow you to pause at certain points (end of modules) and continue at a later time so you do not need to complete the course all in one sitting.
- If you are unsure which course you should complete, please check with your supervisor.
Training by Employee Type and Function/Role
All Employees - Required Training:
- ES100 HCM Employee Self-Service
- EX100 Travel & Expenses: General Use (if you travel for work)
All Managers - Required Training:
- PeopleSoft Fundamentals
- EX101 Travel & Expenses: Approver
- PU100 Purchasing: Requisitions
- MS100 HCM Manager Self-Service
Additional Required Training by Job / Roles:
Finance and Administrative Services
Human Resources (HR) and Payroll
Executives and Administrative / Executive Assistants
Technical Support Staff
Data Reporting (Queries)
WVC Guided Instruction Sheets
We've put together some .pdf's to help with some common tasks. Guided Reference Sheets
ctcLink Reference Center
SBCTC hosts a detailed PeopleSoft reference called the ctcLink Reference Center. This is a great resource for detailed instructions on how a particular aspect of ctcLink will work. In addition, you will find links to help you drill down to what you need even faster, below:
SBCTC Quick Reference Guides
Human Resources / Payroll:
SBCTC’s Data Services team has a website focused on how important data will get reported out of ctcLink. They also maintain a Student and Course Coding Manual that describes how specific types of students and types of courses are coded in both PeopleSoft and the legacy SMS system.