- Follow these 10 tips for college success.
- Review these tips on picking classes.
- One of the keys to academic success is having a plan. When you start college, you
should draft a quarter-by-quarter educational plan that includes all the required
classes for your degree or program.
- We recommend you build your educational plan in your ctcLink account using the Planner tool. This tool will allow you to add classes to your plan directly from the Class Search and even enroll into classes directly from your Planner (for instructions, click here).
- Alternately, you can use this fillable pdf Educational Plan document and save it to reference each quarter when you sign up for classes.
- Each quarter, make sure you complete this to do list.
- If you are in your last quarter of classes needed to earn your degree or certificate, remember to apply for graduation (even if you are not participating in the ceremony in June).
Use the Degree Progress tool under Academics in the menu bar in ctcLink to view your degree and certificate requirements and to track your progress toward completion. Try out the What If tool if you are considering switching to a different degree or program.
If you have earned non-WVC credit, you need to request a Credit Evaluation through the Admissions/Registration Office to find out how many of your previous college credits can count toward your WVC degree.
Faculty Advisors and instructors set office hours each quarter when they are available to meet with students and advisees in person or via phone or Zoom. Find your Faculty Advisor's name and email in your ctcLink account under Academics in the menu bar. Use the online Faculty Directory to find out more about them including their office location.
WVC sets aside one day each quarter as Advising Day to encourage students to meet with their Faculty Advisor and stay on track with their degree.
To get the conversation started, here are some questions to ask your Faculty Advisor.
If you would like to change your Faculty Advisor, fill out the Change of Advisor Form Online or fill out and submit a Change of Advisor Request form (PDF).
Find additional transfer resources and career information at www.wvc.edu/careertools.
Use the Course Equivalency Guides below to get a general idea of which classes will likely transfer to your chosen university and meet prerequisites for your major.