Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Wenatchee Valley College is proud of its diversity and works tirelessly to provide the best experience possible for all faculty, staff and students. The college is committed to diversity and inclusion; the regional student body is 55 percent students of color, including 44 percent Latino, and the college district includes part of the reservation of the Colville Confederated Tribes. Wenatchee Valley College is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI).
Wenatchee Valley College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to college programs, facilities, admission and employment. Furthermore, it is the policy of Wenatchee Valley College to maintain an academic and work environment free of discrimination, including harassment. The college prohibits discrimination and harassment against any person because of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, parental status or families with children, marital status, sex (gender), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, or any other prohibited basis per RCW 49.60.030, 040 and other federal and laws and regulations.
All college faculty, staff and students must comply with this policy and are also expected to take appropriate measures to prevent discrimination or harassment. Faculty, staff or students who believe they are being discriminated against or harassed for one of the reasons listed above or who witness potential discrimination or harassment are encouraged to report the offending conduct. Prompt corrective measures will be taken to stop discrimination or harassment whenever and wherever it occurs.
WVC Diversity Related Strategic Plan Goal and Objectives 2018-2023
Goal: To achieve equity, Wenatchee Valley College will become a more inclusive, diverse, and culturally rich institution that establishes a thoughtful and respectful learning environment.
- Objective: Double international enrollment.
- Objective: Create a college-wide diversity strategic plan.
- Objective: Strive to increase the diversity of our faculty to more closely reflect our diverse students and the community.
- Objective: Develop an inclusive working environment to support and retain diverse faculty and staff.
- Objective: Use universal design principles to make Wenatchee Valley College fully accessible.
- Objective: Increase diversity course offerings and implement a diversity requirement for program completion.
- Objective: Improve college relationships among faculty and staff to support open, respectful, and inclusive discussions on diversity